Pages

Thursday, January 27, 2011

That wonderful feeling of... Indecision

Last September I sent in an application to have our farm become Certified Naturally Grown. Days passed... Weeks passed... Months passed....And still no answer on whether we passed the requirements. Then, out of the blue, I got a reply this morning about it! We have almost passed all the requirements needed to get the certification. There is just one thing remaining if we want to become certified. And it depends on our neighbor.

Our neighbor sprays his crops with conventional chemicals, and while CNG (Certified Naturally Grown) has said that we have a adequate buffer between us, they want to know how often he (neighbor) sprays his field, what chemical he sprays, why he sprays it, what he uses to apply it, what the slope from his property to ours is like..... The list goes on.

So now I am undecided; I really, really, really,don't want to call our neighbor and bombard him with all these questions. Should I just give up trying to be certified? Or should I at least try approaching said neighbor? 

Methinks I know not....

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Talk to your neighbor!! Take some banana bread or something over with you...introduce yourself...you'll be fine!!!