Pages

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Would you like a pair of handcuffs with that raw milk, Ma'am?

I'm not exactly sure what I want to say in this post... Upon reading the articles in the below links, and then watching the YouTube, I wasn't surprised at what I saw/read, but there was still that feeling of outrage, helplessness, and  horror. It was that feeling of "You have got to be kidding me", and "Why am I not surprised?".

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/agriculture/geneticmodification/8423536/Genetically-modified-cows-produce-human-milk.html
This link was what really made me mad. Am I the only one who sees something wrong with implanting human genetics into cows and thus making a mutant like this? I'm still up in the air about my opinion about cow milk (raw as well as pasteurized), but I do know that I wouldn't touch this new stuff with a ten foot pole!


http://wholefoodusa.wordpress.com/2011/05/16/fda-dragon-slayer-speaks-out-on-amish-raw-milk-sting/
 I loved the video on this article! I was laughing out loud at the cow being milked on the Capital grounds!

I've heard a huge amount about Monsanto's methods of silencing people who try and tell the truth about their products, and here's just another example... It is scary to be sure, what lengths Monsanto will go to, to gag those who try to do what the reporters in the below video have done.




Another groan escaped me when I read another article about a new brand of milk that is being sold in CA.:


US - Ganeden Biotech, makers of the probiotic ingredient, GanedenBC30, and Foster Farms Dairy, the largest privately owned dairy in California, have announced the official debut of Dairy Balance milk with probiotics. 
The new milk line is one of the first to include the probiotic, GanedenBC30, and is one of only a handful of probiotic-enhanced milks currently available to consumers.

Dairy Balance is now available in more than 150 northern California locations, including CVS/pharmacy, Nugget Markets, Winco and O’Briens in the Bay Area and Sacramento region. Distribution to over 500 outlets is scheduled by the end of the year. Dairy Balance milk includes whole and 2% reduced-fat varieties and has a suggested retail of $3.49 for a half gallon."

The whole political tidal wave behind raw milk is staggering. It never ceases to amaze me to see what Monsanto, USDA and FDA are pushing next. The nation is in an uproar over a seemingly simple food: Milk. One side of the people fights for the liberty to have free access to this wonderful liquid. The other fights just as hard to extinguish all who stand up to them. It's a crazy game of tug of war... Who will win? The side that has the legal papers, government officials, money and power? Or the side that has people who believe in truth, transparency, health and freedom? 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I won't argue that it seems like the FDA and other big companies have their priorities in the wrong places and are doing morally wrong things; however, I would also note that technically and legally, at least with the deal with the Amish farmer, the government is in the right. Legally, the Amish farmer was breaking the law. It doesn't matter if the law was ridiculous or stupid, or if the FDA was morally wrong in pursuing him as opposed to the wicked things large chicken/beef companies are doing, the thing is that he was breaking the law and we are commanded in the Bible, not only in the Old, but also in the New Testament, which directly applies to us, to obey those that have the rule over us. I'm not going to argue that if the government says that all mothers must execute their babies after they've had seven kids that we should obey that. We would also need to take into consideration other scriptures. However, it seems to me that in this case, where it appears to me that the rule being broken was that it was illegal to transport or sell raw milk across state borders, that it's a pretty harmless (though silly) rule. If the farmer wanted to milk raw, he should have either done it in a different state or had the customers pick up the milk instead of delivering it to them. What I'm trying to say is that the farmer WAS disobeying the law, and, although it doesn't make much sense to us why the FDA would take after him as opposed to the big companies that are polluting the land and always breaking the rules, it legally makes sense that they COULD go after him because he WAS breaking the law. See what I mean? Sorry for the rant here, I just had to get this out. It seems that people are too eager to break laws these days. If it's illegal in one state, it's probably legal in another or maybe there's some way to get around the law legally. If at all possible, in accordance with God's law in our heart and written in the Bible, we should obey the rules of the country we are in.
Also, something I was reading the other day stood out to me. It's in I Timothy 2:1-2. There it says that we are to pray for those in authority so that we can have a peaceful life. My thought was when I read that, was: "Hmm. I wonder what would happen if Christians started praying more about the rules they see as foolish, instead of being militant about it (not that you were). What would happen? What would happen if they started praying more for rules to be enacted or abolished, people to be put in or taken out, people to be stopped or encouraged, and above all, to just pray for those in authority. Maybe the people in the USDA and FDA are really trying to do what is right but they just don't know the other side of the issue. Maybe they've never tasted raw milk and seen how much better, tastier, and wholesome it is than pasturized!
Alright enough is enough. :)
Oh one last thing. The part about the cows being GMO'd really is disgusting. Maybe that's something to pray about more.