Pages

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

A Niggling Thought

Found in the Classifieds of the newest Small Farmer's Journal:

"Free to good home:14Y draft cross mare. Was part of a team. Events, skidded logs, training cart, hard worker. Well trained, but not a beginner’s horse. Black, white socks and blaze, 15.3H. Oregon."


You see where I'm going with this, don't you? Well trained, but not a beginner's horse... I could handle that. I've trained and been around enough equines to have a horse who has some spunk and opinions. It would sure be handy to have a power source like that too... I've been mapping out an eggmobile of my own, but the problem I've been having is how to move it. Mine would be smaller than the Salatin's; just a little 8'x10', but that's still quite the load to pull. A horse could pull that... Shucks, I've already got a cross tree, and I know where I could get a harness for a good price. 


 But this is all just a thought still... Just a niggling thought...


No comments: