Pages

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Do You Hear Something?

If you do, and it sounds like a loud, "KA-BONK, KA-BONK, KA-BONK", then don't worry; it's just me banging my head up against a wall.

I am still working my way through the hoops and hassles that come with the attempt of being Certified Naturally Grown....Thus the head bonking.

I've done almost everything. Almost everything, to meet the standard. Then, a couple days ago, I received an e-mail from the people who run CNG with one seemingly small question.

 Those people honestly have no idea what they are asking.

There is a creek running between our property and the neighbor's, and the distance from bank to bank is sufficient enough to create a buffer.... Except in one small spot. That one small spot is only 15' from bank to bank and so the CNG people have innocently asked if we could possibly somehow extend that buffer to 20'.

Huh? What do they want me to do!? Bring in an excavator and just POOF! Dig away the bank on my side? Isn't that illegal to mess with property lines? Or, I know, I'll just grow a huge hedge 5 feet from the bank and call it good. Sheesh, I'm just a farmer, not a magician!

KA-BONK, KA-BONK, KA-BONK!!

I think this might be the Lord saying that right now, it's not time to be messing with certifications. But part of me is still being stubborn and wants to keep on trying. [sigh]

Any suggestions?

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Give the little boys some shovels and have them start digging!!! =)

Goat Song said...

Shovels? How about spoons; it would keep them busier for a longer period of time! ;)

Melissa said...

Demitasse spoons!!!!

Love to you all!!!