Pages

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Salatin Speaks Again

If I could meet one person in life, it would be Joel Salatin. The video below is pretty long, but it's a good one! This one was recorded when he came to Portland Oregon, and it was so encouraging to see all the fellow Oregonians in the background who agree with his ideals and goals.

I've been hearing murmers here and there about Joel coming to the Northwest again this summer, but haven't heard anything concrete yet. Anyone know anything about this rumor?

Enjoy the movie!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry, my comment has nothing to do with your post... :P My mom and I are craving scones and remembered those REALLY GOOD CRANBERRY ones you made!! Can you give us the recipe?! :)

(BTY Joel Salatini is pretty awesome. We've been reading his book. Oops, so I guess this comment did have something to do with your post! :) :P)

Goat Song said...

LOL. ;) I'll e-mail y'all my secret scone recipe real quick!

Josh V. said...

Hey Katie, he really is speaking in Washington this year.

http://www.motherearthnews.com/fair/puyallup-los.aspx

That link has a list of all the speakers at the Mother Earth News Fair. If you go to Polyface's website it also has his speaking schedule.

Goat Song said...

Thank you, Josh! I should have thought to look on his website, from the start... I did notice that he will be in Corvallis, OR on August 19th as well; I'll have to look into that if I don't get to go to Puyallup (no idea how I will get to either place, but I'll figure something out). :)