Pages

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Plan B

Sooooo, did I really say that I was going to be milking Heidi tomorrow? Just pretend you didn't read that. ;)

 Feeling like a criminal, I dutifully put Beatrix and Bertram into one of the kidding stalls earlier this evening.

And then the wailing began.

You'd have thought that I just chopped their tails off! Those two little whippersnappers wailed, and cried so loudly that they could've doubled as a siren! I steeled myself, and tried to remember that we've gone through this before, and that it was necessary if we wanted milk...

Then they bonked their newly dehorned heads up against the metal barn walls...

The screaming rose to another level, and I caved. They bounced happily out as soon as I opened the door, and they were both smiling smugly as they watched me leave. Ornery ol' goats.

Plan B: I have no idea. Maybe I'll try separating them during the day tomorrow. I need to sell some milk this week, as I only have two bales of hay left, and it's gonna' go fast...

No comments: