Pages

Monday, May 2, 2011

Gettin' Big

Our broiler chickies will be two weeks old tomorrow, and boy howdy have they grown! I should have gotten a picture of them when they were just a few days old, but being me, I didn't. 

They went from adorable little balls of fluff, that looked too cute to butcher (er, ahem, "process"), to fist sized, ugly peepers that have clammy-feeling, hot skin when you pick 'em up. I suppose it's a blessing in disguise that they get ugly so quickly; otherwise I might end up losing my nerve when "the big day" comes. ;) 

Okay, this particular chick still looks kind of cute...


You can see in this pic, that they're getting their wing and tail feathers in. Most of them have already lost their baby fluff on their tummies, and are getting little pin feathers in. 


Only six more weeks to go... 

No comments: