Pages

Saturday, January 21, 2012

I'm Back -- Sort Of

Hey guys!! It feels like I've been away from here for eternity! I'm writing this post from Maryland right now, and a beautiful blanket of snow is outside my window. Very nice. :)

 The full Polyface story IS coming, so don't get too far; hopefully it'll all be posted later today or within the next couple of days.

 But wow.... Polyface Farms.... It has completely changed my life, my perspective on things, I've learned so many new skills, made friends, every part of my body is achingly sore, and quite frankly, I'm homesick for my Polyface family. The visit was awesome, and I loved getting to be a part of the Salatin's family, even if it was only for 3 1/2 days. I am blessed with so many memories from that place... Memories that I will hold close for a very long time... Learning to use the saw mill; listing to Joel read a children's story out-loud to everyone during dinner (and no children were present!); listening to Noah's adventures he had while doing construction work in Antarctica; Walking barefoot up a gravel road at night with Lydia towards Daniel's house; Moving cows; sitting with a cat in my lap while Theresa made breakfast; staying up late talking with Grandma Salatin; moving 20,000 lbs. of frozen chicken; everyone gathered 'round the dinner table together, and laughing our heads off at various jokes...

 I miss Polyface.

 So yes, full story coming up, and I believe I even have a few pictures to share. :) Alas, I did not get one single picture of my own, since I was literally working from dawn 'til dusk, but my aunt and uncle have a few that I can put on here. 

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I can't wait. I dreamed *I* was doing an internship at an authentically organic farm, thanks to you, I'm sure. :-)

Anonymous said...

Sounds wonderful!! I would have loved to do that. You are blessed to have such an experience. Can't wait to read the rest of the story.
Welcome back!
Mrs. Voorhees

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you've had a great experience! I can't wait to see more posts! Please, do write! :)