Pages

Friday, November 22, 2013

I'll Never Be The Same


I found this quote on Pinterest (ahem), and thought it fitting for this moment in life. I leave Oregon in 12 days. Something tells me I will not be the same person when I come back... And I wonder if that's a good thing or not. Only time will tell how a year in the Midwest shapes me. This quote also made me think of a movie line from The Hobbit. Bilbo asks Gandalf, "Can you promise me that I'll come back?"

And Gandalf replies, "No. And if you do, you will not be the same as when you left..."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where exactly in Missouri will you be? You've probably said, but I don't recall. I'm in western Ky, that's not real far from some parts of Missouri. And if you're at this end of the state you'll need to eat at Lambert's in Sikeston!

Anonymous said...

Where exactly in Missouri will you be? You've probably said, but I don't recall. I'm in western Ky, that's not real far from some parts of Missouri. And if you're at this end of the state you'll need to eat at Lambert's in Sikeston!