Pages

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Did Someone Mention Spring?

I hope so, because I don't know how much longer I can wait to start putting plants into the ground!

Yesterday, after an interesting visit to a local nursery (it was hailing, what can I say?) we managed to bring home 25 blueberry bushes and 5 Boysen berry plants all in a tiny Honda Accord. If you ever need some amusement, try and see how many plants you can fit into the trunk of a tiny car; it makes for some good laughs. ;)

But home we got them! And none are worse for the wear. Now our loot sits quietly on our deck, awaiting planting season....


Only ten of the blueberries are ours. The other fifteen, plus the Boysen berries are for some friends. But I think our ten will do well for us. :)


Now, if spring would just hurry up and get here....

No comments: