Pages

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Waiting....

It snowed last night...

Leaving 6 inches of fluffy powder in its wake...

The temperature outside is 30 degrees, I think? Needless to say, it's cold.

And what am I waiting for on this lovely, snowy day?

Heidi is in labor!! I thought for sure she would kid late, but lo and behold, it looks like she is going to kid early! She is still in "stage 1" of labor, meaning no serious pushing yet. The kid has moved back, closer towards her pelvis, Heidi is looking very uncomfortable and has become very vocal (which is unusual for her). She wasn't happy that I left her alone just now, but my hands were getting un-bearably cold, and I knew that y'all would want to know the news.

So off I go now, to hunt down some gloves and a book, and go keep Heidi company once more...

I'll try to keep y'all updated about her!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's the book for? To read to Heidi to keep her mind off her labor? :)

Goat Song said...

Hehe, she might have appreciated that! :D No, the book was to keep MY mind off the labor. I tend to get really jittery while waiting for my animals to give birth, and a book sometimes helps. I only got to read one page though, then I had to go help Heidi out.

Anonymous said...

Ah yes...I have one up on you. I just left. One time my doe was going into labor, and I got nervous and decided that there must be something that I needed to do right that moment far away from the barn. :) Fortunately she kidded just fine. No thanks to me,though.