Pages

Monday, February 21, 2011

The List, Part #2

Here I be once more, attempting to finish up my list o' seeds. ;)

BEETS:

Cylindra: Ummm, let's just say that I have a lot of seed available. I haven't mustered up the courage to count them yet...

I'm hoping to have some Chioggia beet seeds soon, but I have yet to find out if I'll have enough to share.

CABBAGE:

Copenhagen: Approximately 100 seeds available.
Brunswick: A lot.... Seeds anyone?
Glory of Enkhuizen: Not quite as many seeds available as the Brunswick, but still a goodly amount. :)

CAULIFLOWER:

Okay, so these were given to me, I have no name of the seeds, and I haven't counted them yet. But from the looks of the bulky envelope that they're in, methinks I will not be lacking in the cauliflower department this year...

PEPPERS:

Big Bomb: 285 seeds available. What's a "Big Bomb" pepper? ;D
Jalapeño: 394 seeds available. I may not know about 'big bomb' varieties, but I DO know what a jalapeño is!
Mini Sweet Pepper: 199 seeds available. These are so cute! Peppers are usually about 2" to 3" tall, and plants are very productive.

BROCCOLI:

Calabrese: 200 seeds available. This is the typical "grocery store" type of broccoli.
Romanesco: Sorry, all checked out for 2011. :(

CUCUMBERS:

Marketmore: 50 seeds available.
Edmonson:  20 seeds available. This will be my first year to try the Edmonson's; sooo excited!

WATERMELON:

Sugar Baby: 15 seeds available.

BEANS/ PEAS

Blue Lake Pole: 150+ seeds available. The link actually leads to the bush variety of the Blue Lake, but the beans are the same regardless of pole or bush habit.
Early Contender Bush: 600-700 seeds available. Pleeeeeze ask for some of these!! I am so swamped with these seeds! It goes to show just how productive the plants are though, I guess... These beans are great, and produce for an extended period of time. The beans themselves are ever-so-slightly fuzzy, which makes them perfect for throwing at people, since they will stick to clothing quite well when freshly picked. ;)
Purple Podded Pole: 6 seeds. Sorry, but I need to keep these as a "grow out" this year. Keep an eye out for them next year though!
Masai French Filet: 100 seeds available. I can't find very much info about this variety online, but a lot of people have assured me that these are very yummy beans. I guess we'll find out come summer time!
Sugar Snap Peas: 80 seeds available. Mmmmmm... I love these snap peas. Not very many find their way into the house because I usually end up snacking on them while outside. Even our picky eaters like these.
Peas: 50 seeds available. I think these might be shelling peas. but not positive on that. These were given to me, thus the reason for the lack of info.

SPINACH:

Bloomsdale: 300 seeds available.

BRUSSELS SPROUTS:

Catskills: 30 seeds available. I'm not much of a fan of brussels sprouts, but I've heard that this variety tastes a little better than others. We'll see...

Well, that be all for now. I still have seeds that are not yet listed. Some are still in the mail, some I haven't counted yet, etc. But I'll continue to add to this list as the seeds come in.

Again, if you see something you would like, please e-mail me, HERE, and I'll give you the address to send your SASE to.

Happy Gardening!

No comments: