Pages

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Free Labor

Free is always a good price, right? ;)

With the month of March approaching, I have been working on getting the garden ready to be tilled and planted. But first, I really wanted the blanket of leaves that had been put upon my garden patch to be shredded into pieces, so as to make the tilling easier (I'm assuming that tilling is challenging, I've never done it!). But how does one manage to "shred" 150 square feet of leaves? Enter free labor....


So yeah, I'm not always the brightest bulb in the box. I had one of those "duh" moments the other day when I decided to pen the chickens into the garden for a few day, and wondered why I never thought of it sooner. ;D

It's been fun watching the "ladies" (oops, forgot that there's a rooster in the bunch too) enjoy their afternoon as they find bugs, weed seeds, weed sprouts and other chicken delights, while efficiently turning the leaves into a crumbly compost.

No comments: