Pages

Saturday, February 16, 2013

A Little Better

Mattie looks a little better this morning. She still has no interest in heating anything, or drinking for that matter (which really concerns me), but she is at least alive and standing. Her temps are back to normal, she's walking normal, pupils are normal, and her heart/respiration rate are *almost* normal. But we're not out of the woods yet. When I found her this morning, I was pleased to see her standing and tracking my movement, but was fairly alarmed to see a heavy ring of froth around her mouth, as though she had gone rabid. She's standing in a corner by herself right now; with her head and neck all stretched out, her tongue hanging out like a blood hound's, and froth dripping everywhere. This is so weird I don't even know what to think. So I'm keeping an extremely close eye on her today, will be trying some herbal medications to help her out, and will have the vet's phone number in my back pocket. 


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Could she have eaten something poisonous?

Kris said...

Have you given her a tube of calcium? It kind of sounds like my goat a few weeks ago with the frothy mouth. Scared me to death. I thought maybe she had gotten into some bad hay. Isn't she really close to calving too? I sure hope she makes it. You've got your hands full there.