Pages

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

The Plot Thickens

Mattie's been in heavy labor for a little over an hour now, and still no calf showing. I scrubbed up, oiled up and stuck my arm inside to see what I would find, and was dismayed that no matter how much I searched, I couldn't find the head. I don't know if I'm not reaching back far enough, or if the head is turned back... So I have an experienced cow raiser coming out in 15 minutes to see if she can pull the calf for me. If she can't do it, then the vet will be coming out to do the job.

I have learned more from this cow in 1 week, than I have ever learned about cows in my lifetime. Oy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing! I learn so much from your adventures. Healing thoughts and vibes for a healthy delivery!
Good Luck to you and Mattie.
Heather in PA

Unknown said...

I hope everything turns out ok...