Pages

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Plodding Along

Mattie dear seems to have hit a plateau as of last night. She's not better, but she's not worse. No calf yet, and she's keeping me edgy about it all. I spent my night checking on her, and all I ended up with from that adventure was sleep deprivation. But she has started nibbling on hay, which is good, and you can't hear fluid in her lungs anymore, which is VERY good! She's still breathing through her mouth, but the banamine seems to be helping... 

The vet said there is a possibility that the antibiotic *could* take up to 56 hours before it causes her to go into labor, but I'm really hoping it doesn't take that long! We're at 23 hours right now, and she's still looking pretty content to keep her calf. Grumble, grumble, grumble.

Stay tuned.
  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Has the vet checked the calf to see if it is okay?