Pages

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Oatmeal, Milk, and Honey Soap

Here are a few pictures of my big batch of lard soap I made yesterday. :) The soap turned out really nice, and I ended up with 52 bars!!




I also got two smaller batches of "fun soap" made today. One is a 2.5 lb. batch that's been made with olive oil, palm oil, and shea butter. This was the batch that I went crazy with and put cocoa powder and vanilla fragrance in. It smells SOOO good! Like chocolate pudding, or fudge or something... 

The second batch is made simply with olive oil, and palm oil (ran out of shea butter, or else I would have thrown it in there). The fragrance for this batch was the winning vote from FB readers (and if you're wondering how to find me on there, search for 'Goat Song Farm'!) and was a blend of vanilla and ginger. This one smells crazy good too, let me tell ya'. :)

I'll cut up those two batches tomorrow and hopefully post pictures of them on the same day. But for now, I figured I could at least show you my oatmeal soap.

5 comments:

Hannah said...

So pretty... I love homemade soap. :sigh:

Anonymous said...

Oh lovely! I've gota try this. Where did you get the other ingredients and recipe?
Tasha

Anonymous said...

I can't find you on facebook! Link?

Goat Song said...

Try this: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Goat-Song-Farm/310841192332583

Illinois Lori said...

Is the lard soap for sale? I've wanted to try lard soap, I've read it's so much more moisturizing/non-drying than the vegetable oil soaps. :-)
~Lori