Pages

Thursday, December 29, 2011

What You Might Call, "Hooked"

I'm so pathetic. I laugh at myself as I see just how easily I'm pleased. ;)

We've been having a few water problems today; getting pressure right, and making sure that water continues to come out the faucet. That's always a good thing, right? Water coming out the kitchen faucet? I know I like it when that happens...

Anywho, water problems. We were having them.

Upon being warned not to turn on any faucets for awhile, I crossed my fingers, hoping that the animals would have enough in their buckets to last the night. I go out and see... An upturned bucket in the goat pen. The Nubians wiggled their ears in sheepish embarrassment, and Kiwi blushed. No one would fess up as to who did it, although Poppet declared quite loudly that it was not her.

So there I was, holding an empty bucket that needed to be filled. I stood there in the barn and listened to the rain patter away on the metal roof.

And then the lightbulb in my head came on. Personally, I really think I need to upgrade to maybe a 60 watt bulb now. I'm gettin' kind of tired with the 40 watt I seem to have right now... It's rather dim.

Duh. Rain. Roof. Gutter. Water. 

With gleeful delight, I got to mess around with the water spout, in the pitch black dark, and attempt to get the bucket and said spout, attached once more to the gutter. After a lot of water down my coat sleeve, I got that fiend where it was supposed to be.

I counted the time, and in exactly 53 seconds, I had an overflowing 5 gallon bucket. 

I was hooked. I started hunting around for another bucket to fill! Alas, I couldn't find any more than didn't already have a crack in the bottom, but now I want my own rain barrel with a spigot on it. ;)

I can't believe I never thought of it before. I live in one of the rainiest states, and I don't have a rain barrel system set up! Sheesh. But you have to remember that I have a 40 watt bulb. So I'm rather dim at times. 

So that's how my evening was spent. In the dark, getting wet. You should try it sometime!

2 comments:

Autumn said...

Sounds like a good plan!

Jim The Handyman said...

The blog is fantastic…keep up the good work…I really liked your work.
handyman services in northern Virginia